Wednesday, December 27, 2006

We're Moving!!!

I keep getting emails and questions from people as to what is going on with us. So here's the news:

Last time I wrote about our need to find a house - right away. God is so good. We went out with our agent the next day to see a list of houses. On the way we passed by a house not on our list, and added it to our schedule. Two days later, we made an offer on it, and now, Lord willing, we will close escrow on or before Jan. 23, 2007! I am so excited!

This wonderful property sits on 2.5 acres in the country, but is closer to Peter's office than we are here in the city. It has a large lovely split-level home, a barn, a gazebo, a chicken coop, an "outhouse" (really a disguised finished 1/2 bath in the backyard!), 3 ponds, and tons of space in the back for my parents to join us. I love the personality of the house, it's flow from room to room, and the SPACE!!! I love the grounds with its walking paths, the sounds of bubbling ponds, and the potential. We are both excited and grateful to God.

--------

Christmas. Wow. I can't believe it's already over. We never even got a tree up or decorated the house! We did have a wonderful Christmas with my parents at their decorated house, together with my brother, my Nana, and Grandpa B. Poor Mom is still recovering from all the activities! Here are a few photos...


Daddy and Caleb, just after the younger ate carrots :-)


Daniel in his new engineer gear. He is into anything trains!


Caleb liked the hat too...

Hannah and I made a birthday cake for Jesus.

Peter and I at the end of the day.


All 10 of us! Joseph, Nana, Dad with Caleb, Mom with Hannah, Grandpa B. with Daniel, and me with Peter

We wish you a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

P.S. If you're wondering why you didn't get a Christmas card, it's because we haven't started them yet. At this point we're contemplating sending Valentines to 250 or so...

1 comment:

Amy K said...

The house sounds AMAZING and PERFECT. We are SO excited for you guys!! God is good to provide abundantly above what you can ask or think. :D