Saturday, March 24, 2007

5 Years

Peter and I recently celebrated our 5th anniversary. FIVE years. Without a doubt, this has been the fastest and most full 5 years of my life, and I think he would say the same for himself.

In 5 years we have moved 3 times, borne 3 children, and (believe it or not) had not even 1 major disagreement. We've been to the other side of the world and back (Italy), but mostly just love our quiet nights at home with our Double Fudge Brownie ice cream. We've lost 4 grandparents, but gained countless new friends. The past 5 years have been full of the gifts and blessings from the Lord.

Oh the memories...

I remember falling in love with Peter. On our first date he set out to find out everything he could about me. Later that night my mom asked me how it went. I told her that I felt like I had been interrogated, and I hoped that he'd come back and see me sometime! Ha! He's so genuine. I still feel honored that he comes home to me every night. He does so much! He is so patient with me, and I have so much to learn. He is a thoughtful leader, and a loving husband, and I just love him.

For our anniversary, we went out to dinner and then (following our anniversary tradition) went to have our wedding rings cleaned while we were out. Here is a photo of us on our porch before we left.

P.S. I looked up the traditional gift for a 5th anniversary, and it is wood. We didn't get each other anything wood. I remember thinking when I was young that getting a piece of driftwood (what I pictured for "wood") wouldn't be very exciting. Who picks these gift ideas?

4 comments:

Paula Velez said...

Congratulations on your 5th anniversary! Time does fly, doesn't it?!

Amy K said...

Congrats, guys! I enjoy reading your reflective posts Debra because you are such a thoughtful person, with a good heart.

We want more house pictures! Now that everything is beautiful and green in California, it would be a good time, right? :)

LT said...

Congratulations!!! Glad to hear that things are going well for you guys. Thinking of you.
Lisa T

Living Life in Russia said...

How is it that you look the exact same as you did in Moscow all those years ago?!? Amazing!!! We will forever take credit for you all being together... not because we introduced you, but because we predicted it and willed it to happen. We are so happy for you! Hope to see you before too long... Steve & Christine