Friday, May 18, 2007

Selective Role Play

Hannah and Daniel both have very vivid imaginations. It's wonderful---except when it goes awry...

Hannah: "Let's pretend. I'll be Jesus, and you can be my disciple."

(I smile while I hear a pause.)

Hannah: "OK, this is our Last Supper. This is my body which is broken for you. Do this in remembrance of me.

(Another pause.)

Hannah: "Bud! Eat it!!!"

(I'm stifling a giggle in the next room.)

Hannah: "OK. This is my blood which is shed for you."

Hannah: "OK, now you can be Jesus, and I'LL GET THE LEATHER WHIP!"

At this point Mommy interjects from the next room to save said second born.

2 comments:

Amy K said...

Awesome! Made me laugh out loud. :)

Nica said...

LOL! I'm still chuckling. Love how H does the role switch when it comes to pain: makes for a much easier life. ;-)