Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Quotes of the Day

In case you missed it in an older post, we are expecting a baby in September! This has made for much conversation around here...

Hannah: "If it is a girl, I think we should name it Gloria. Gloria is such a beautiful name. Don't you think?"

Mommy: "Gloria is a lovely name. I like it too. I'll talk to Daddy about it."

Hannah: "Well, if we can't name her Gloria, how about Grace? Grace is a nice name too."

Mommy: Trying to figure out where this is going..."Yes, Grace is a lovely name too. Did you know that your name means 'grace?' We wouldn't want to have two "Graces" would we?"

Hannah: "No. But Gloria or Grace will be her name."

Mommy: "Why did you pick those two names?"

Hannah: "Because they are "G" names. G is my favorite letter! Don't you think that G is a fun letter to write?"

Leave it to Hannah to name the child for her favorite letter of the alphabet. And who would have known that she even would have a favorite letter?!

---

Here's one from Daniel while eating breakfast yesterday...

"Mommy put pretty ribbons on the walls!!!"

I decided on a whim to redecorate the kitchen (I'm definitely in my second trimester). The "ribbons" are the paint masking around the edges. I'm glad he likes the transitory decor!

---

And another from Hannah, who apparently had her mind wandering during devotions...

Turning her shoulders toward Mommy while whispering..."Mommy look! Four days of puffed sleeves in a row!!!"

We just finished reading and then watching Anne of Green Gables together...

No comments: