Saturday, January 31, 2009

A True Psalm 51 Moment

I caught Daniel sitting on top of Caleb's head, which Caleb did not at all appreciate and Daniel knew it. So, Daniel was given a time out. After a few minutes, I asked Daniel if he was sorry for what he did. "Yes," he said. Then, in an earnest, commanding tone I said, "okay, you may get up, but you must express sorrow to your brother and show him that you are genuinely sorry for what you did and show gentleness and kindness to him. Are you ready to do that?" "Yes," he said.

So he gets up and walks over to Caleb and yells, "SORROW!" at him. His task being accomplished, he went on to play with a toy in another part of the yard.

So, now I am having a difficult time figuring out how to instruct him further because I am laughing too hard.

1 comment:

The McCracken family said...

Oh my -- your kids give us laugh after laugh! Thanks for sharing:-)
Lori McC