Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hannah's Explanation of Her Photographic Memory

I was driving Hannah to ballet the other day, when we had this interchange:

Hannah: "Mommy, do you know how I remember things?"

Mommy: Eager to understand (!) "No, please tell me!"

Hannah: "My eyes take a picture of everything I see. So signs that we pass, stores that we pass, books that I read - I take a picture with my eyes. Then I put the picture in my brain. When I want to remember it, I take out the picture and look at it again."

Mommy: Wishing she had such a memory..."Oh! That makes sense." Now testing her as we pass a sign for an accountancy corporation "So, what did the sign in front of that brown building we just passed say?"

Hannah: "Hmmm. We went kind of fast. That picture is blurry."

3 comments:

Kaylee said...

Oh, how I love your sweet girl. She never ceases to make me smile.

Paula Velez said...

Do you think she'll have that incredible memory when she is a mom? It would be very helpful,wouldn't it:)

Debra said...

It would be helpful, but she'll also need eyes in the back of her head, ears that hear like a canine, and a nose to sniff out who has the diaper odor. One thing she does have to match her memory - an incredibly vivid imagination. She and Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables) are cut from the same cloth...