Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Daniel's Dream

This morning Daniel wandered in and announced that he had had a dream:

"Daddy! Last night I had a dream!"

Peter responded "What was it Buddy? Do you want to tell me?"

"Yes. It was about Jesus and idols."

By way of backround information, our pastor preached about idols several months ago, and Daniel was really listening. For months now he has spontaneously reminded us that 'we don't bow down to idols!' at various random moments.

Peter continued to probe, so Daniel went on:

"A lot of people were bowing down and worshipping idols!"

"Oh, that's not good. Were you in the dream?"

"Yes."

"What did you do?"

"I did NOT bow down to the idols!"

"That's good. Did you do anything in your dream?"

"Yes. I did not bow down to the idols. Instead, I went over and sat by Jesus - and He LOVED me."

(Smiles shared by Mommy and Daddy...)

"That's right Buddy. Jesus does love you. Thanks for sharing your dream with me."

It is so special to see my little 4 year old learning to know and love Jesus. He has a sweet and open heart. Beneath all that loud, blustery, tough boy exterior is a very sensitive heart. Of all things for him to remember about the dream, I'm glad it was that Jesus loved him.

No comments: