Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A Night Under the Stars

Tonight I left the spaghetti dishes to get crusty on the table and went out to the backyard. I sat on a lawnchair on the back grass with Hannah and Daniel in my lap, and we watched the stars come out. It's lazy Indian summer evenings like this that make memories. I remember fun evenings swimming under the stars with my parents when I was not much older than they are. And so it was, with my own happy memories tucked inside, it was priceless to sit and cuddle with my little ones and enjoy God's creation together. This is the next generation. I love that they know Who made the stars, Who made them, and that He loves them so very much, as do I.

4 comments:

Nica said...

Oh, how fun! Benjamin and I will often sit in a rocker on our front porch and watch the birds play in our bird-bath, or the cats amble across the street.

Debra said...

I just wish I could do it more often. :-)

Amy K said...

That's wonderful you put aside dishes to take advantage of these moments (it's hard to do sometimes).

I can't get the video to work but I'm sure Kevin will be able to tell me why when he gets home tonight!

Debra said...

We didn't make it a public video so it only worked sporadically. It's public now, so it should work.