Friday, January 18, 2008

What's New Around Here?

Life has been so full these past few weeks at our home. In the last few weeks:
  • I had a birthday (and you will just have to guess my age).
  • Peter's parents came for 11 days, and two of his siblings came for 8.
  • Christmas was somewhere in there.
  • We went to the snow! Hannah, the daredevil, took to cardboard box sledding like a champ, Daniel discovered that he HATES being that cold, and Caleb honed his daredevil tendencies. Maybe I'll write more on this one at a later date.
  • 2008 arrived.
  • Hannah celebrated her 5th birthday!
  • My parents moved from their big modern house to their new smaller country home.
  • Mom and Dad moved in with us, because the electricity was not on.
  • Daniel broke his collarbone.
  • Peter had a birthday (you'll have to guess his age too).

I know there is more, but I thought the majority of you would mostly like to know how Daniel is faring. He is doing much better. Praise the Lord, he did not need surgery, but only to wear a sling for a while. It will take about 3 weeks to heal. He is already asking to not wear the sling, but when I let him take a little break from it he forgets to not use that shoulder and swings his arm and it hurts. Poor little guy! He doesn't slow down easily, so this has been a trying time for him. He can't understand why we won't let him wrestle, and he can't climb on his new play structure without crying. Fortunately, each day I see a little progress.

My parents have been staying with us since they moved a week ago tomorrow, and we have been having so much fun having them here. Papa and Hannah have been reading Black Beauty each day. Now that the electricity and gas were turned on today, I expect they will want to settle their new home soon. At least they'll only be a few steps out the back gate.

It's hard to believe that only a year ago this weekend we moved here ourselves.

No comments: