Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Poppy Seeds, and Other Things

The following conversation was relayed to me last night by my mom, who had been making lemon poppy seed muffins with Hannah earlier that afternoon:

Hannah: If I eat one of these poppy seeds, will a poppy plant grow inside me?

Mimi: No. What three things do plants need to grow?

Hannah: Water, soil, and sunshine.

Mimi: Well, you aren't able to get all three of those inside you, so it won't be able to grow.

Hannah: I know! I can drink a lot of water, eat some dirt, and go outside and hold my mouth open to the sunshine for a looooooong time!

What would we do without her?

In other news: Daniel has blessed me immeasurably by taking to potty training like a duck to water. I must admit I have been dreading the whole potty scene for too long, and finally decided that it was going to HAVE to happen before the baby is born. I tried him about 3 months ago, and he didn't seem ready. Now we tried again, and he is a champ. Hallelujah!!!

Also: Caleb has moved to a big boy bed! This is his third day, and I think he is finally sleeping peacefully. He has been soooooo excited that he just lays there grinning and can't sleep. The first night he tried to get up a few times before going to sleep, and was awake and wandering the house crying over his "abandonment in this house!" at 5:45 the next morning (we were all sleeping, of course), but this morning he came right up to find me - at 7pm. Both boys are thrilled to have an "all boys" room. Daniel is proud to be the top bunk resident, and Caleb is just proud to be out of his crib.

And last, but certainly not least: Baby (yet to be named) is a GIRL!!!

No comments: