Thursday, September 11, 2008

Madame Blueberry

I'm sitting at my computer right now watching a hawk in the tree outside my window systematically take apart another bird. I didn't know birds could spit, but this one is spitting out feathers everywhere as it eats. I wish I could get a picture of this, but I don't want to move... It's pretty amazing to watch.

That wasn't what I intended to write about. First, I want to say that I have no idea how to edit my earlier published post, so just grin and endure the mysterious lines that float through it. If anyone know what happened there, please fill me in!

Yesterday the kids and I checked out several movies from the local library. One of them was Veggie Tales Madame Blueberry. I really got a kick out of the kids' reactions.

Caleb thought it was hilarious. I don't think he got the point at all, but he thought the vegetables were very entertaining. (He also doesn't understand about the upcoming baby. When you ask him where the baby is, he lifts up his shirt and shows you HIS belly button. He's only 2!)

Daniel cried. He felt so sorry for Madame Blueberry losing all of her "stuff" and her house, that he just welled up with sympathy. He also cried through the silly song "His Cheeseburger," because it was sung to an emotional tune. He is my sensitive one, but he also wanted to watch it again today, and didn't cry at all the second time.

Hannah got it! I wouldn't have expected a 5 year old to understand the irony, but she got the lesson AND the jokes! She thought it bad for Madame Blueberry to be discontented and thinking that stuff would make her happy. She thought it hilarious that anyone would sing a love song to a cheeseburger. I agree with her, it is pretty funny.

Back to the hawk outside, it's really pulling on something now. I think I'll see if I can get closer.

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

Your kids are such fun, Debra! And congratulations on the little one almost here. :-)

Jen S said...

Ha ha! I loved Madame Blueberry when my kids used to watch it! :)