Saturday, October 14, 2006

My Daughter Just Amazed Me

Hannah had a difficult time waking up from her nap today. Debra's not here. (She's picking up her dad and brother from the Fresno State game, which they lost 68-37 by the way. But we digress.) So, she's been crying for her. Nothing will help but Mommy being back. So imagine crying girl sitting on my lap and the following conversation:

Hannah: (still crying) "Do you know there is something wrong with me?"
Me: (totally composed) "There's something wrong with you?"
Hannah: (still crying) "Yes."
Me: (still totally composed) "What is wrong with you."
Hannah: (still crying) "Well, the antibodies are not eating the bad cells."
Me: (not totally composed now, trying to stifle laugh)

That kind of blew me away. I didn't know she knew what antibodies are.

BTW: Gators just scored to put them up 17-8 over Auburn.

1 comment:

Amy K said...

Probably a lot of adults don't know what antibodies are! I think you have a very gifted child there, Harvard-bound I'm sure. :)