Friday, October 13, 2006

Overheard...

From Hannah ~

"That's not tempting to me. Do you have anything else?" - A bargaining response to her Mimi, who was trying to get her to eat the rest of her sandwich by letting her know what would follow.

"What does a bison sound like?" - Does anyone know? It's a bonified question!

"Did God make Himself?" - Well, noooooo. He's always just 'been.' She went on to elaborate that God made everything, so how about Himself? Distilling doctrines to preschoolers isn't always easy.

"Can we talk about the difference between a bowl of soup and a birthright?" - Her new favorite book is IBLP's Character Sketches, Vol. II. We read about Jacob and Esau yesterday. Apparently, it made an impression.

"I am the firstborn. I have a birthright. So I am winning!" - What she told Daniel over dinner. I think my competitive girl didn't yet get the concept that the birthright was for the firstborn MALE, and was a spiritual bestowment, not something you win!

From Daniel ~

"Chief End Man" - Things we review during family devotions...Daniel likes to be the one to quiz Hannah.

"I love you." - Daddy got the first one.

1 comment:

Amy K said...

LOL. SO funny! I'm glad you guys have a blog just so you can share your kids' quotes, if nothing else. :) Plus, we like knowing what's going on in the Fear family. :)