Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Batgirl

Our firstborn has been pretending she is someone or something else other than herself. She was a tortoise this morning, slowly clawing her way down the hallway with a large book on her back as a shell. She scares her baby brother when she is a jaguar. She really is 'something else!' as she likes to identify herself.

On Sunday, after church, we put the kids to bed and headed down the hall for some rest ourselves. About an hour later, Daniel (who I know had been asleep before we went to bed) comes down the hall crying "Mommy, help! Mommy, help!" to which Daddy responded immediately.

He arrived down the hall to find Hannah hanging from the waist down off the top of the bunk bed. By the time he got to her, she was rather panicked. Her face was all puffy and swollen, and she had lots of broken blood vessels on her face. He rescued her, calmed her down, and put her back to bed.

When she woke up, still swollen and looking rather bad, we asked her what she had been doing.

"I was a bat...hanging upside down. But then I got stuck, so I woke Daniel up and he went to get you."

"Hannah," we said "did you learn anything?"

"Yes. I will not be a bat again."

Good thing. She was stuck where she couldn't get herself up, and was scared to let go and fall down. Who knows how long she had been that way?

Now we have a moniter in their room too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Debra I love reading your blogs. I get the greatest kick and enjoyment out of them. Makes me want to have some little adventures of my own.

Debra said...

Tonya, Little Adventures is a good name for them. I like that!

Amy K said...

Oh my goodness. How cute is that (and scary).