Saturday, February 10, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Tonight we are enjoying the sound of the rain outside, marveling at how two days of rain has suddenly painted our property green, and thanking God for the moisture and its part in keeping our well wet. Nature is taking on a whole new meaning these days!

Speaking of nature, the wildlife here has been more than I anticipated. Our first week here I almost had a heart attack when Peter and I saw a red fox hop up and run across our front porch as we drove out one night to Lowe's. A few days later, I was startled by a whooshing sound over my head and looked up to see a giant bird flying away. Chasing it with a baby under an arm, I recognized it was a barn owl! In addition, we've seen a pheasant, California quail, and two bunnies, and that doesn't include the wildlife that we've just heard outside. I didn't realize I was such an urbanite - it has been a wonderful change of life.

We are all very, very happy.

3 comments:

Nica said...

Awww, how fun! It was wonderful growing up surrounded by nature, I'm sure your kids will love it as my siblings and I did. :)

Paula Velez said...

Debbs,sounds like your new house is very peaceful and yet a little bit of an adventure. I'm so happy for you guys.

Amy K said...

Aw, I can't wait to come see you guys someday at your new place!! It sounds like the ideal location--"close enough" to the city but also tucked away in a countrylike setting. You guys were patient in house-hunting and I'm glad that it paid off!